Wednesday, June 2, 2010

'Painting' with water.

Now that the summer months are upon us, I thought I would share an idea to keep the kids cool outside! All you will need is a big bowl or bucket of water, and a paint brush or two.

Let your child dip the paint brush in the water, then let them start 'painting' the fence, the water turns the wood a darker shade. It looks like it's been painted! After the sun shines on it for awhile, it dries and looks just as it did before! I let my 3 1/2 year old do this last summer, and she loved it!


She's already asked me if she can 'paint' the fence again this year! This will keep your kiddo busy for quite a while. The older they are, the more 'artistic' they can be. Also, this will work on any wood item you have outdoors, not just a fence. Let your child 'paint' your patio, planters etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment